i wanted to do this thing and now i feel too unhealthy to do the thing but i feel like a failure for not even trying the thing and the whole conflict makes me want to hurt myself or shut down but i really have to decide to do or not do the thing i wish i was more of a functioning human though
Now whenever magneto talks about political issues and social just and killing humans for mutant rights I can’t help but think about THOSE groups of people on this site. So now I can only imagine magneto saying “OMG wolverine that so much blood friendly reminder tag your trigger”. Or him saying to professor, “will you stop supporting the the mutanphobic patriarchy society!
shut the fuck up
Dude xmen was originally made for those kind of people. You know. The civil rights movement?
op is a jackass and doesn’t know anything about Xmen anyway lol
"thanks tumblr now when i watch the thing i am forced to peripherally get the point omg ruined “
i’m so stressed my ears are ringing aggg
hillary clinton isnt a feminist icon hillary clinton is a woman who supports imperialism and militarism,hillary clinton perpetuates opression, a woman who strives from the opression of others isnt a feminist, she is a piece of shit, margaret thatcher was also a succesful woman in politics but that doesnt mean she wasnt a piece of shit. western liberal feminists are fucking stupid
xfools asked: I'm not trying to offend you, I'm sorry. I guess it's just me but I don't care for race, people are people
You don’t get to say that. You don’t get to say “people are people” when Black people are intentionally being killed for being Black— people clearly aren’t people. People aren’t “people” when a white felon can more easily get a job than a Black person who has never committed a crime. You don’t get to pretend you live in an alternate reality in which the construct of race doesn’t exist because it does. It doesn’t help anyone for you to pretend that race doesn’t exist and “people are just people”. Psychologists link that thinking to people being racists because it shows that you’d rather ignore reality than realize that people are oppressed for their races and it shows you don’t know how to empathize.
Why is it that removing race makes white people feel so comfortable.
You should be insulted that your racism is so deep you need to remove a person’s heritage to see them as a person. You need to change the context of events just to understand them. How do you have the nerve to call yourself enlightened when in order to see the picture you have to blur the whole image.
- Jane Elliot anti-racism educator talking about why colorblindness is invalid with Oprah
- "Colorblindness" in particular has been associated with higher levels of racism and lower levels of empathy. — 11. Neville, H. A., Lilly, R. L., Duran, G., Lee, R. M., & Browne, L. (2000). Construction and initial validation of the Color-Blind Racial Attitudes Scale (CoBRAS). Journal of Counseling Psychology, 47, 59–70. 12. Burkard, A. W., & Knox, S. (2004). Effect of therapist color-blindness on empathy and attributions in cross-cultural counseling. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 51, 387–397.
- GradientLair’s essays on why colorblindness is invalid and recognizing race and understanding racism is vital
- Unfortunately, not paying attention to race and gender does not make gender-race inequalities go away, precisely because these inequalities are institutionalized and not just ideas in people’s heads — Evelyn Nakano Glenn, Chapter 1: The Social Construction and Institutionalization of Gender and Race in Revisioning Gender
- In a colorblind society, White people, who are unlikely to experience disadvantages due to race, can effectively ignore racism in American life, justify the current social order, and feel more comfortable with their relatively privileged standing in society (Fryberg, 2010). Most minorities, however, who regularly encounter difficulties due to race, experience colorblind ideologies quite differently. Colorblindness creates a society that denies their negative racial experiences, rejects their cultural heritage, and invalidates their unique perspectives. — Monica Williams, Ph.D for Psychology Today, “Colorblind Ideology is a Form of Racism
Better tell it like it is!
If u don’t think invisible disabilitity discrimination exists please look at the gold medal winning paralympic archer who has been told she no longer qualifies despite not being able to walk without crutches due to her complex pain syndrome in her feet and that the tests they performed on her to…